Best Engineering College in Orissa.

Engineering and Medical education, examinations, coaching and other related topics.

bishwarg
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Re: Best Engineering College in Orissa.

Post by bishwarg »

The best Technical institutes in orissa are......
1. IIT Bhubaneswar (Indian Institute of Technology, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India)
2. NIT Rourkela, www.nitrkl.ac.in
3. CET Bhubaneswar, www.cet.edu.in, www.cetindia.org
4. UCE Sambalpur, www.uceburla.ac.in

Sponsor

Sponsor

bishwarg
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by bishwarg »

But we people can judge by simply sitting at (conference , convocation, counselling etc...)
So the best are......

1. IIT Bhubaneswar (Indian Institute of Technology, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India)
2. NIT Rourkela, www.nitrkl.ac.in
3. CET Bhubaneswar, www.cet.edu.in, www.cetindia.org
4. UCE Sambalpur, www.uceburla.ac.in

bapi
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by bapi »

HEY all....all those who are into institutes other than NIT Rourkela, are simply because they were not eligible for it..That;s simple..so its easy to guess which institute in Orissa is superior..
Taking NIT aside..if we compare..then it wld be UCE burla /CET bbsr...(differs in opinion)....Student quality counts first..rest all comes 2nd.
Taking these 2 aside , if we compare then KIIT no doubt comes 1st..followed by ITER n IGIT sarang.

abhilash88
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Best Engineering College in Orissa.

Post by abhilash88 »

Hey Guys ..
I have the new list for best Private engineering colleges other than deemed and govt.

Here is the complete list of top 20 private engineering colleges under bput for 2009 rankings

The parameters are :
1.Students preference
2.Faculty
3.Infrastructure
4.Placements
5.Ind ustry reputation
1.SILICON INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, BHUBANESWAR
2.NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, BERHAMPUR
3.C. V. RAMAN COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, BHUBANESWAR
4.JAGANNATH INSTITUTE FOR TECHNOLOGY & MANAGEMENT,PARALAKHEMUNDI
5.TRIDENT ACADEMY OF TECHNOLOGY, BHUBANESWAR
6.GANDHI INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY, GUNUPUR
7.KRUPAJALA ENGINEERING COLLEGE, BHUBANESWAR
8.COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, BHUBANESWAR
9.ORISSA ENGINEERING COLLEGE, BHUBANESWAR
10.GANDHI INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENT, BHUBANESWAR
11.DHANESWAR RATH INSTITUTE OF ENGG. AND MGMT. STUDIES, CUTTACK
12.KOUSTUV INSTITUTE OF SELF DOMAIN, BHUBANESWAR
13.CENTURIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, BHUBANESWAR
14.EASTERN ACADEMY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, PHULNAKHRA
15.GANDHI ENGINEERING COLLEGE, BHUBANESWAR
16.KONARK INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, BHUBANESWAR
17.MAHAVIR INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY, BHUBANESWAR
18.GANDHI INSTITUTE FOR TECHNOLOGY, BHUBANESWAR
19.PADMANAVA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, ROURKELA
20.RAJDHANI ENGINEERING COLLEGE, BHUBANESWAR

http://qna.rediff.com/Main.php?do=getan ... ubmitted=1

aloksa
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by aloksa »

Guys..The best Engg college in Orissa is NIT Rourkela.Well i went through some of the comments which even said that KIIT will overcome NIT.Well my dear friend who so ever posted the comment just going by the advertising and looks one cannot compare NIT with KIIT.NIT is the leader in technical education in Orissa and now stands at rank 20 among the techincal colleges including the IIT and IISC.Where do KIIT stands .I beleive not in the top 100.Well compare NIT with KIIT on terms of campus placement,infrastructure,facilities,Faculties KIIT will not even give competion.So rather than having this confusion i can only say that no college in Orissa can ever beat NIT from its number 1 position.And did i forgot to mention that NITR just signed a MOU for Atomic research.Well if people still have doubts then this will clear the air.KIIT would need another 100 years to come on top 20 engg colleges in india ,forget about beating NITR.

BIKI
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by BIKI »

He goes my words for the top 13.
(Although IIT & IIIT hasnt got its 1st batch out, i regard them as 2nd and 3rd best in Orissa)

IIT Bhubaneswar
NIT Rourkela
IIIT Bhubaneswar
CET Bhubaneswar
UCE Burla
Silicon Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar
IGIT Saranga
NIST Berhampur
OEC Bhubaneswar
CV Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar
GIET Gunupur
KEC Bhubaneswar
CEB Bhubaneswar

and yes, those who are talking about KiiT, whats that ?
do you even think it can be compaired with NITR, or IITB or IIITB ?
there are world class institutes in Orissa, also, dont foiget NISER, only of its kind in India !
what about Vedanta univ thats coming up ?
KiiT doesnt stand even in top 100 colleges in India, while NIT RKL does ~

No.1
Seeker
Seeker

Post by No.1 »

No use of comparing a national level institute like NIT Rourkela with pvt engineering colleges in Orissa. Glad to know we have now two more premier institutes in Orissa, i.e. the IIT and IIIT. So together they make the top 3 in Orissa.

Apart from that, the next college would be UCE Burla. IMHO.

Heartening to know there are 50 more pvt engineering colleges in plan. WHAT WILL THEY TEACH? Do you think students in (most of)the the existing pvt engineering colleges of Orissa do learn anything??
Mera No.1

aalok
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by aalok »

Hi,
IIT BBSR havent yet started functioning properly .So its unfare to place it ahead of NITR.Remember that NITs are no less than IITS.Even today some IITS are behind NIT.Eg NIT warangal is ahead of IIT guwahati.
So like wise IIT BBSR will be behind NITR till the first batch comes out.Many things are taken into consideration.Dont forget that NITR was considered to be coneverted into an IIT..Thanks to some dirty politics in Orissa and the center.Anyways the latest news is that HRD still considering to convert some of the NITs to IIT.No prize for guessing NITR is in the list.So just wait and watch and then you guys will place IIT BBSR after NITR or IIT RKL.Just I and N cant make diffrence.Infrastructure,Facilities and lot amny factors including faculties and placement comes to play.

mailkamlesh
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by mailkamlesh »

I am a NIT Rourkela , 2003 passout . And currently I see that most companies prefer good colleges like NIT , Burla for there campus recruitment too
I am in TI bangalore right now and my company went for campus hiring last yr at NIT rourkela. I guess its better to try for a govt college rather going to private colleges

Bijoy
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by Bijoy »

One may consider joining Synergy Institute of Technology which has a very high quality faculty (5 Ph.D holders, rest of the faculty with M.TECH or M.Phil). Its a great experience studying there in project mode.

radhamohan
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by radhamohan »

Best Engineering colleges of Orissa
1. IIT Bhubaneshwar
2. NIT Rourkela
3 UCE Burla (Now a Unitary University)
4 CET Bhubaneshwar.....

Then number continues
There are also few other good engineering colelges i.e. NISER. But it has complete separate admission procedure. So I didnot include this in ranking....

SRIKANT SINGH
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by SRIKANT SINGH »

NO DOUBT IIT,NIT,IIIT ARE THE BEST............BUT AFTER THAT IN TERMS OF QUALITY OF EDUCATION AND STUDENS IT COMES SILICON.............. :)

adityanarayan
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by adityanarayan »

hi friends;
my aieee state over all was 290 and ojee gen rank was 413

but i choose CET,BBSR coz it is in orissa's capital ... rourkela and bhubaneswar are the best cities of orissa and u will get lots of educational ( out side of ur syllabi) exposures here...

my elder brother is in NIT rkl in mechanical branch and told me that NIT and CET are equal.. and placement in CET is slightly better than NIT-rkl..

BPUT syllabi is more difficult than NITs so if u get 9 point then its value is more..

OK now i have 6 different rankings on basis of TEACHING, FACULTY QUALIFICATION, PLACEMENT , cutoff( best students' first choice), COURSE FEE & OVER ALL

TEACHING:
RANK 1- IIIT-BBSR
RANK 2- NIT & CET
RANK 3- SILICON
RANK 4- UCE

FACULTY QUALIFICATION:

RANK 1- IIIT-BBSR
RANK 2- NIT & CET
RANK 3- UCE

PLACEMENT:
RANK 1- CET
RANK 2- NIT
RANK 3- UCE
RANK4- IIIT-BBSR

CUTOFF:
RANK 1- NIT
RANK 2- CET
RANK 3- UCE
RANK 4- SILICON
RANK 5- IIIT-BBSR (because of high course fee)

COURSE FEE:(lower to higher)
RANK 1- CET (less than 1lakh for 4 years) & offers lots of scholarships in 4 years
RANK 2- NIT (greater than 1lakh for 4 years)
RANK 3- UCE (greater than 2lakh , more than 3 lakh for self sustaining courses)
RANK 4- SILICON ( dont know but quite high)

OVERALL:
RANK 1- CET + NIT
RANK 2- UCE

studyguideindia88
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by studyguideindia88 »

I think this nice info about Engineering Colleges in India but I need to know about more if you want that visit below website

List of Engineering Colleges in India
http://www.studyguideindia.com/Colleges/Engineering/

GreatDebator
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by GreatDebator »

adityanarayan wrote:my elder brother is in NIT rkl in mechanical branch and told me that NIT and CET are equal.. and placement in CET is slightly better than NIT-rkl..
lol .... you have such a mis-guiding brother! What did he compare before telling you this? Oxygen percentage in air? :lol:

Either you or your brother (or both) need psychiatrist attention.

Enquire at a job consultancy what top employers ask for. Often they will tell your resume is rejected before reading, if you are not from an NIT/IIT.