Best Engineering College in Orissa.

Engineering and Medical education, examinations, coaching and other related topics.

No.1
Seeker
Seeker

Post by No.1 »

Hi Friends,

What according to your opinion is the best Engineering college in Orissa for BE or B.Tech?

I believe KIIT, Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, is the best.
This I have concluded after taking into account the infrastructure, teaching, faculty and placements. Let's hear from you.
Mera No.1

Sponsor

Sponsor

akash
Kiddie
Kiddie

KIIT is ultimate

Post by akash »

Sure buddy,

Ya I agree with you buddy, Not only infrastructure, teaching, faculty and placements but also wide verity of education also. Just see buddy It is providing the education from diploma to MBA & M-tech. Also having the school which runs only for the lower income ppl's children without any fee as they could not support the fees. And more often it is the first deemed university in the whole orissa.
AKASH
The lover boy

Deep
Seeker
Seeker

Private Engineering colleges only?

Post by Deep »

The topic of this discussion is for private colleges only, right?

akash
Kiddie
Kiddie

Post by akash »

Not at all U can post any thing related to any engg college in orissa that may be pvt or govt .
AKASH
The lover boy

Deep
Seeker
Seeker

I was asking of the topic and not the forum!

Post by Deep »

@ Akash

I asked whether the topic "what is the best..." is for deciding the best between the private tech. colleges or all (govt and pvt) colleges.

You know, if you think of Govt. Technical Institution, KIIT could not be the best!

orissaguide
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

@Deep

Post by orissaguide »

@Deep

What do you advert by stating "if" . It seems that
you think, govt. colleges are better than
private ones. Right?

But KiiT is a good college, I will not argue it is the best.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

saum
Website Team
Website Team

Post by saum »

Hey people infrastructure,facilities and campus etc are all very well but its the students and faculty that make a good college.I am afraid there is no such great college in Orissa.But NIT is ok as far as the students are concerned.The placements are also pretty good.

Deep
Seeker
Seeker

Ok. There are differences.

Post by Deep »

NIT Rourkela is a national level institute and is under the Central Government. It is treated as a much high level technical institute in india as well as abroad. So I think it is not advisable to compare other regional colleges with NIT.

And NIT Rourkela hardly takes more than 200 students from inside Orissa. Again that State-Quota system is also going to be abolished from NITs. So Oriyas will face equal competition from others in order to join NITR.

Coming back to all colleges, there are lots of Engineering Colleges (Both Govt. and Pvt.) which are real GPTS (Great Place To Study). I think our this topic should consider (along with the infrastructure and placements)
  • History.(How they are growing)
  • Fees
  • Administration
  • Quality of students(agree to Saum)
  • Peaceful life (no Bandh, Strike or such incidents)
  • Knowledge Gain(If this is there)
  • Punctuality (timely finishing the Sem.)

and the list continues...

Odia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks!

Post by Odia »

Thanks all for participating and driving the discussion the right way. May be we should change the topic name to something like " where to study engg. in orissa" or " Good engg. colleges in Orissa " or suggest something.

This discussion is mainly aimed to provide information to the new-joiners and the parents as to what they should decide. It's not that everyone goes into the same college. Depending upon the performance, they have to choose between the colleges. And if you have some experience in the college, sharing it would be of great help.

And all are welcome to write their own college profiles in a new topic.

akash
Kiddie
Kiddie

Post by akash »

Hey u all The topic was about the pvt engg colleges so i responded in that way . If as I have earlier said u can give or represent govt colleges. If so then NIT will come in a dominating way. Ya I am saying so because i felt so but in pvt colleges I will definitely say that KIIT is the best.

@deep: Do not take me in wrong sense I was addressing for pvt domain

@all: I am a product of KIIT but still when we consider govt I will definitely go for NIT as it is the best right now but in coming future means 5-6 yrs KIIT will be the best surely(million dollar bet) :wink:
AKASH
The lover boy

Odia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topic cleaned!

Post by Odia »

Topic cleaned!

@Akash: Do read the rules carefully!

bibek
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by bibek »

Friend, when it comes to best engineering college (Rather Institute of Technology), NIT Rourkela is the undisputed champion. This fact is well supported by its Placement statistics(its USP),Infrastructure, Faculty, Hostel Facility n student activities(TechFest,Spring Fest and Other Seminars)

chitta
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by chitta »

See

Code: Select all

http://orissalinks.googlepages.com/engineeringcollegesinorissa
for information on various engineering colleges in Orissa.
There are two crude rankings based on student choices towards the
bottom of that page.

cheers
Chitta

sat123
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by sat123 »

chitta wrote:See

Code: Select all

http://orissalinks.googlepages.com/engineeringcollegesinorissa
for information on various engineering colleges in Orissa.
There are two crude rankings based on student choices towards the
bottom of that page.

cheers
Chitta
can u edit that page and change d ITER college entry to Sikshya O Anusandhan Univerity or SOA University b'coz ITER too have become univerity.....

Out of colleges in orissa no doubt with NIT Rourkela....it's undisputed champion....but no other college even KIIT(university) ITER(university) CET(govt.) UCE-Burla(autonomous govt.) are close to it considering quality of reading - placements - nothing are upto standards....

murali
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

:) We can't judge simply by sitting at home

Post by murali »

:D No body can judge simply by sitting at home....

There are a lot of factors to be checked out!!
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)