Pathetic News Fuse program on OTV

Discussion on movies and TV programs. Oriya, Indian and International.
Piyali
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by Piyali »

News Fuse used to be a good entertaining program with the previous host. Now the program has lost all its charm. The host or producer have no clue on Odia culture, neither have they any idea on what should be shown on tv and what not. They just show random forwarded videos from Whatsapp without any idea on what impression that would make on viewers minds. As usual, these programs thing Odia viewers are fools and would love these low standard programs as entertainment. This is one program that makes me stay away from OTV which used be my go-to channel for Odia news.

Sponsor

Sponsor

NK Mishra
Disciple
Disciple

Re: Pathetic News Fuse program on OTV

Post by NK Mishra »

It is not just a problem with OTV. Many regional tv channels now have got into this practice of easy programs. I have seen a lot of local channels in different languages where there's no real program running. A few news items are read over and over through out the day. Remaining time is filled with those forwarded videos you see on whatsapp, facebook and youtube etc.
It's really sad to see OTV going that route. Even worse, they just copy paste videos from youtube and elsewhere and still blur or hide the video owne information. Day will come when noone will come to these channels because all they show are copied from other places.

NK Mishra
Disciple
Disciple

Post by NK Mishra »

I agree to bad content on OTV though. Just saw a cleverly designed promotional program o Jupiter College. OTV's own host was running that paid program. But they don't clearly say it's a paid program.

No.1
Seeker
Seeker

Post by No.1 »

They do write "sponsored content" on those paid programs though. They don't say it in Odia. So, I agree, a lot of people won't notice it's all paid advertisement program. But isn't Jupiter College a good one?
Mera No.1

NK Mishra
Disciple
Disciple

Post by NK Mishra »

Just another addition to that: there is a program 'bichitra brahmanda' where they show videos copied from here and there without knowing anything about that stuff. Most of these videos have no truth in them and ae highly exagerated. Looks like these tv channels still consider people are fools and will believe anything.