What is the best place/shop for buying laptop in Orissa?

Read before buying any computer or electronic items.

ProudOriya
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by ProudOriya »

Can somebody please let me know where to buy laptop in Orissa? I mean to say whether Bhubaneswar, Rourkela or Cuttack or somewhere else? And what are the price differences?

Sponsor

Sponsor

saum
Website Team
Website Team

Post by saum »

Defintely not Rourkela.Costs are very high.
My best bet will be bbsr.

No.1
Seeker
Seeker

Why not buy outside?

Post by No.1 »

Why on earth someone would like to buy laptop in Orissa? Why not get one from somewhere outside like Hyderabad or Bangalore. Also Delhi is cheaper than these. Again if you can arrange to get one from abroad by your relatives of friends there, it would be real cheap.

And I saw the stories of Computer dealers in Rourkela. Dealers in Bhubaneswar are also no good. I will write some on them also. So my advice is to go outside Orissa for this.
Mera No.1

ItzSonali
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Delhi would be your best choice.

Post by ItzSonali »

I have friends who got real good deals on laptops bought from Delhi. The price was somewhat 5-10k lower than that in Hyderabad. And definitely Inside Orissa you wont get a good deal.
Smile!

Bansheedhar Mishra
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

I will be glad to help you.

Post by Bansheedhar Mishra »

You can go through my articles on computers and internet from my websites
http://banshdharm.googlepages.com/
or
http://www.geocities.com/banshdharm/
Here you will find a lot of useful information about computer hardware, software and internet. All the articles are in Oriya which have been published in local dailies like Dharitri, Samaja and monthly magazine Vigyan Diganta published by the Orissa Bigyan Academy.
Regarding purchase of a laptop I would advise you to buy one locally. Price in Orissa will be lower than that of other places provided you seek help of a person who has a good knowledge of what is offered for what.
Bansheedhar Mishra
banshdharm@hotmail.com

bapihot
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by bapihot »

I am new to this forum. I like and love to see the Orissians growing up every where and every sphere of life. I have been in various states of India. The talent which we have in the field of engineering, other courses can't be compared with the other states I believe. For instance if you see the students in Chennai, they get their degree through correspondence course ( Bharthiyarr, loyala..etc) and get good job in Software firm. Where as our student get the degree by doing the regular course and won't get a good job.

The time has come to go above the thoughts of Delhi, Chennai , etc..

If someone is asking for any help to find a product inside Orissa, then please guide him/her to find that in our state. Why the product can't be available in that price if it is available else where. It's because, we are inclined to other states and help them grow instead of ours.

I am ready to extend my help any where possible to see us growing.

Thanks
-Biswa

hiserdison
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Re: What is the best place/shop for buying laptop in Orissa?

Post by hiserdison »

Have a massive range of products and have decent prices. They have a really good search feature that lets you search by different thing like screen size, amount of ram, processor, hard drive and a couple of others I think..

Devil
Toddler
Toddler

Post by Devil »

The Best place to buy laptops isn't in Orissa at the first place. Assuming you aren't much of a geek, the IT shops of Orissa will surely take you for a ride and will gain maximum profits by giving you the worst bang for the buck.
If you are serious about buying a good laptop, then i suggest Nehru Place in Delhi. trust me. The stuff that you get for 50k, here in orissa can be brought for 35k there.
And do a bit of a research before buying one. Narrow down your needs from a laptop. you have not mentioned neither your budget nor what will you be using the laptop for.
i say do some research before opting one. If you need more help in this regard, then throw me a mail at chiraag@games.com
ill do my best to help ya
and from my general experience,
Avoid HP/Compaq Laptops
Go for Dell if your budget is b/w 50-40k
Asus and sony are something to look for if budget is b/w 60-70k
If you are ready to spend a momma on laptop then ill swear by Alienware MX17 (now, boys will look more at your laptop than your face hahaha)

Plutto
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by Plutto »

Plutto MIcro Technology (I) Ltd, A professionally managed High Technology Consumer Electronic Gadget Manufacturer. We produce Laptop, Tablet PC, LCD Industrial PC, Mobile, Router and 3G enable products. our product comes with highest quality. global latest technology with marginally low price.
We have our state of Art R & D facility available in India with 350 Technology manpower along with 1000 total manpower working with us.
We provide Customise manufacturing solutions to Corporates as well our product sell in market on brand " PLUTTO ".

Our Products:

1. 3G Laptop ( 4 models) : price starts Rs. 5999/- to Rs. 124999/-
2. 3G Tablet PC ( 4 Models): Price Starts from Rs. 9999/- to Rs. 48999/-
3. 3G LCD PC ( 2 models) : Price starts from Rs. 24999/- to Rs. 49999/-
4. 3G Mobile ( 18 models ) : Price starts from Rs. 499/- to 44999/-
5. 3G WiFi Router(2 models): Price starts from Rs. 3999/- to Rs. 6999/-
6. LCD/LED TV ( 10 Models): Price starts from Rs. 9999/- to Rs. 1,85,000/-

Distributor, Retailer and Super Stockiest Enquiry Soliciated. Plz Mail to support@plutto.in
Regards
Team-Plutto Micro Technology I Ltd
Team-Plutto
Plutto Micro Technology (I) Ltd
No. 730P, Nayapalli, Bhubaneswar-751012, Orissa, India
Cust. Supp:- +91-674-3267593 | Email: - support@plutto.in

jonspaker
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by jonspaker »

I can't give you a good shop reference to buy laptops in Orissa. As i never experience shopping at Orissa ever. But here i would recommend you to try online shopping to buy laptops anywhere in india with free shipping and cheap price. I always prefer to do purchase things through online web store, Whenever i need to buy something special like Laptop, fashion clothing or Jewelry items. I don't prefer visit at market for these kinda goods. I take google refer to search for my demanded things and visit at three or four sites, and cart my product through that site, where i find valuable product with affordable price. Nowadays i like to visit at only one onilne shopping store, which become one of mine reliable online store, due to there well customer care deal and services. Although I've not buy laptop from there, but i use to visit there for latest fashion clothes or dresses. So, here i will recommend you to visit at kinda web store like that one.

have a look to that online shopping store : http://indiaemporium.com/