Getting more members...

Give your positive/negative feedbacks on this website.
Avijeet

Getting more members...

Post by Avijeet »

Just my twocents...
I visited other forums like those of banglore and hyderabad. there is more active discussion and participation there because of the number of members and topics. we also have so many oriyas who live abroad... why not try and establish contacts with them.
maybe via emails on orkut, hi5, myspace, etc. also if possible try and advertise somewhere... etc etc
maybe the forum might get exciting then
If Electricity Comes from Electrons the Does Morality Come from Morons ???

Getting more members...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Odia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Agreed. Its all of us to care...

Post by Odia »

We agree to your opinion. And every project encounters teething problems and we have passed through that situation, we believe.
With more than 71 members on board, we are all set up for exciting activities in the forum.

As far as the advertising of OrissaForum is concerned, we don't have any plans of paid advertising in near future as we are a non-profit organization and can not afford that. But we always appreciate the members who patronize OrissaForum in their websites, blogs or communities like Orkut etc.

Hope for all your co-operation in arriving at our ultimate goal. Thanks.

Avijeet

Post by Avijeet »

Maybe we can have Google Ads in our site to generate some more revenue and yes advertising by all members like on orkut, hi5, blogs should be there.

Besides I would also like to point out a fact that merely by sending email members won't come, you have to generate more exciting topics of discussions, and send mails on those discussions

eg: Just read the news that a person was killed at a MP's house in Orissa, maybe you can start a thread on that and then send a mail to the members like: "Person killed at MP's house in Orissa- Who's to be blamed? Come and Share your opinion with the others"
regards
Avijeet

Sukanya
Website Team
Website Team

my opinion.

Post by Sukanya »

I would like to put forward some comments,

Leave aside the Advt. thing, it's the Admins who may decide upon that.

And advertising OrissaForum on other forums and communities is our, the members' collective duties. If you closely watch the forum you can know that I am into the team only as a reward of spreading the message of OrissaForum.

And to be very honest, it's we, the members, who are supposed to create the topics and discussions. Then only the Admins can do something like spreading the topic's message. (As you suggested a news, it would have been better if u opened a new topic for that in the "NEWS" section and then posted the above.)

Please correct me if I am wrong somewhere. Thanks.

NK Mishra
Disciple
Disciple

Responsibility matters.

Post by NK Mishra »

We must not blindly go after increasing members. This forum has a decency for which I love OrissaForum than any other website and communities of Orissa. There are thousands of Oriyas found in those cheap online so called "communities" in the name of Orkut, Hi5, Gazzag and so on... Just go through them and you will find no attachment to Orissa in those activities.

Hence I would say 100 responsible persons are far better for the development of Orissa and Oriyas than 1000 name-sake members.
Keep up the good work. I can see a bright future for this noble act. Thanks.

Avijeet

Post by Avijeet »

Very good points raised above by member NK Mishra and moderator Sukanya...
another thing, internal contribution as mentioned should be increased. Urge members, force them, make them aware of the advantages, attract them.
Besides we also need creative posts...not anything bad or obscene or irrelevant.
I will take up these points and a lot more also with the moderators if i am made soon as per my appeal to administrator Odia.