New Orissa Feature Requests

Give your positive/negative feedbacks on this website.
Odia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Odia »

Yes Dear Oriyas,

Let's list our demands what more we want from OrissaForum.

Most requested features will be implemented as soon as possible.
Have Your Say!

Thank You.

Sponsor

Sponsor

geetika
Toddler
Toddler

Post by geetika »

Reader shortage in ur fourm dats da big prob..

Sukanya
Website Team
Website Team

Post by Sukanya »

geetika wrote:Reader shortage in ur fourm dats da big prob..
Doesn't this forum belong to all of us?

I guess it's the less penetration of technology into Oriya masses. You can see other state people using too much internet and take part in all types of creative discussion.

Well, per the topic, I request for a separate section for oriya festivals with video and photos. What say?

kedar.prasad
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by kedar.prasad »

Of course this forum belongs to all members here.

Tele-communication is well developed in our Orissa since years. Starting from dial-up days till wi-fi technologies, we are well placed always if we compare our Orissa with other states of India, though not at No.1 position. Every big and famous ISPs are running here. Hence its never a case of less availability of modern communication services here but our technological exposure is responsible for this.

Thousands of Engineering graduates comping out every year from 10s of Engg. colleges of Orissa. Parents invest lakhs of rupees and College managements earn cores of unaccounted money. Go to an engineering college, and ask all computer-engg or IT students, how many of them use a Firewall in their notebooks. Most of them will be surprised to listen from u and will ask , "what is firewall and why that is used?" If this the the common degree of exposure of our engg. grads then how far we can expect from them? Its only bcz colleges are less bothered to develop the quality of their students who may serve any multinational after 2-3 yrs. And if we talk abt students, they may be spending few hundreds of rupees and time per month in net, but that only in Ymessenger or rediffbol or Orkut or in other social networking sites or searching for MMS clips.
Still no doubt there are always few genius guys, for whom we are always proud.

We are such a community who like to hide our original Oriya status everywhere outside. We like to talk in every alternate language except Oriya. We think its more prestigious to role-play as a non-oriya. New generation kids are now unable to understand oriya numbers if u talk them ever by mistake, so u r forced to translate ur version to english again to make them easy. What a funny but pathetic situation!!!!

Hence in overall we oriyas are less concerned abt our self respect or our technological exposure. Most of us want to know only that much, which level can give us money or pleasure. Beyond that we never think. For example, if we add few Masala sections (I never prefer) in this forum then we can get 1000s of readers in few months. But thats not the proper way.

We all know it takes little time to make an Oriya active for his assignment (me too). :wink: But once starts, he always performs well than others. So no doubt this good forum will have thousands of members one day.

Orissafurm comes No.1 in google search. That itself shows its credibility. Time will reward its founders.

NK Mishra
Disciple
Disciple

I soppurt

Post by NK Mishra »

My support to Mr kedar.prasad,

And request to the owners/admins/moderators,

We, at OrissaForum, are doing very well and we must continue the trend. Let me mention here the comments fom some of my Non-oriya freinds who found me browsing OrissaFOrum. They used to get surprised that people from Orissa too discuss their stuff Online! That makes me proud. And ofcourse it makes Orissa and OrissaForum proud too.

Yes it's pathetic to see an Oriya hiding his/her identity outside Orissa. I beg all of You to please help iradicate this DISEASE.

Avijeet

Post by Avijeet »

Come on guys, bring out your suggestions...
If Electricity Comes from Electrons the Does Morality Come from Morons ???

maharaj
Toddler
Toddler

Re: New Orissa Feature Requests

Post by maharaj »

Give time guys, Odias are now entering into IT ,
and our internet usuage is below par compared to national average. Give time to the present generation .. they will definitely contribute to the forum.

My view is that.. more the people go out of state, more they use internet to keep in touch with their roots. And thus more traffic. This is what happening in our neighbouring states.

and i think odias bro and sis are just started going outside to brighter pastures..

So, keep continuing ... people will join the wagon...

luv,

Deep
Seeker
Seeker

Re: New Orissa Feature Requests

Post by Deep »

I agree, Odias (no more Oriyas) are not that internet-savvy inside Odisha. You may analyze this forums behaviour and guess how many of the members are outside odisha. I guess more than 80% users of odisha forum are staying outside Odisha. And almost any odia will come here some day or the other, when they search for an Orissa discussion forum on the internet. :D