Post here all news items and burning topics on Orissa for review by our members.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
It is a very shocking news that, twenty people got killed and around 105 injured in the fire broke out in the dialyses department of Sum hospital, BBSR. Most of the deaths happened in the ICU and dialysis wards due to poisonous carbon monoxide fumes spread through AC ducts. The officials said that most likely the cause was a short circuit. The staffs of SUM hospital tried to put off the fire using extinguishers before the fire brigade reached. Later a number of fire brigades and 108 ambulance reached there for help.
Fire broke out in the dialyses department of Sum hospital, BBSR.
This incident is very painful. The govt. should take strict action on the culprits. All the hospitals, schools, colleges should have the amenities to handle this type of situations safely.