Cricket in Orissa

Post here all news items and burning topics on Orissa for review by our members.

saum
Website Team
Website Team

Cricket in Orissa

Post by saum »

Cricket in Orissa has almost as great a fan following as rest of India.But there is currently no cricketer from the state in the national cricket team.I was wondering what happened to the likes of Debashish Mohanty and Sanjay Raul et al.I hope Orissa can produce some really talented cricketers in the near future who will make it into the national eleven.
When I drew my sword the battle was over...hmm

Cricket in Orissa

Sponsor

Sponsor

harabilash
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Re: Cricket in Orissa

Post by harabilash »

dont be disheartened yaar.orissa cricket doesnt have the clout,the money and the administration to back up the talent pool.that is the basic reason for the sorry state of affairs in orissa cricket.and thats why we lost a few good cricketers like kulamani parida and pragyan ojha to other states.but a few young cricketers are promising.especially BASANT MOHANTY,who gave debu a tough competition this ranji season for the top bowler slot.and HALADHAR DAS (the WK/batsman)who won everyone's admiration for his match winning performances in the duleep trophy played recently at wankhede stadium
saum wrote:Cricket in Orissa has almost as great a fan following as rest of India.But there is currently no cricketer from the state in the national cricket team.I was wondering what happened to the likes of Debashish Mohanty and Sanjay Raul et al.I hope Orissa can produce some really talented cricketers in the near future who will make it into the national eleven.