Degrading Odia activities and events in Bangalore

The Oriyas worldwide. Let's share our experiences, lifestyle, problems, losses and gains and the missing factor.
Jaga
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by Jaga »

Had been to Ganesh Puja organized by Odias in Bangalore many years back. It was good. Not much i-did-this attitude. And good entertainment. It was one memorable day.

Couple of years later, what I saw was a pathetic element of change. Everything else was there except the puja ambience. Bunch of websites fighting with each other that they own the publicity "rights" lol. Odia groups fighting among each other and orgianizing own version of "Bangalore Ganesh Puja".

Another funny thing is the puja organization is also used by some 1-2 guys in the organising group as a platform to attract matrimonial prospects. One of the guys was invited to the stage by an elderly organiser. His description was "this guy travels US,UK,Germany.. but makes sure he comes to Bangalore during Ganesh puja". he also added "he is single and looking for a match"
The guy also, in his own intro said "single, ready to mingle"
Similar introductions went on for atleast half an hour with people beating own drums.

Heard today "jagannatha mandira tiaari kariba aala re gote pila jhia khojuthila". Guess it's the same guy!
Now, major section of Ganesh Puja activity is spent in the praise and useless "bhaashana" of some politician or other, from Orissa. "Pushpanjali" is delayed to accommodate these political speeches. They know, no one will stay there after the Pushpanjali - to listen to the political bakwas.

Still sad, I heard the Odia people organising "NUAKHAI BHET GHAT" faught and are split into 3 groups or something - and they celebrate it separately at three different places.
As a result of this - number of people attending any Odia event in Bangalore is on a decline. :(

Sponsor

Sponsor

Vinayshank
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Re: Degrading Odia activities and events in Bangalore

Post by Vinayshank »

I don't know which Bangalore you are in!
Because Bangalore has amazing festivals! Like Ratha Yatra , Snana Yatra and much much more!
You should visit The Jagannath Mandir.
Their website is http://www.iskconbangalore.co.in
Visit on Sundays from 10 to 1. Jagannatha katha, kirtans, and free lunch prasadam!!