Bakul Foundation effort to promote Oriya Cinema. [IIMB]

The Oriyas worldwide. Let's share our experiences, lifestyle, problems, losses and gains and the missing factor.
akash
Kiddie
Kiddie

Post by akash »

Bakul Foundation and Dress Circle, IIM Bangalore presents Travelling Oriya Film Festival, Bangalore Ed

Movies:
  • Indradhanu ra chhai(Award Winner at Cannes Film Festival'1995)
    and
  • Aa Aakare Aa (National Award Winner'2004)
Date: 5th Novemeber 2006 (Sunday)
Time: 3 pm onwards
Venue: Auditorium, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore

Inaguration by Mr. Subroto Bagchi followed by screening of movies
Entry to the festival is free. Please be seated by 2.45 pm.

About the films
-----------------
Susant Mishra's Indradhanura Chhai (Shadows of the Rainbow ) shows how urbanization and the consequent rise of modern consumerism have affected the traditional social and family structures in Bhubaneswar. Against the backdrop of this changing cityscape, Indradhanura Chhai explores the multidimensional conflicts of its characters, their changing perceptions about human nature and personal relationships. With hypnotic visual rhythms, Susant Mishra shows the lives of three women living in the modernizing town of Bhubaneswar, its skyline dominated by magnificent temple architecture.

In Aw Aakare Aa (A, B, She), Subas Das has tried to express the pain and agony of children entrapped inside the four walls of our present education system. The film is the story of a school teacher and her attempts to reform the system in vain. Refusing to compromise, she finally resigns and starts her own school to translate her ideas into reality.

About Bakul Foundation
--------------------
Bakul Foundation is a movement to pool together the small individual efforts of all the people interested in the social development of Orissa.
As the first major initiative, we have started a movement to get a thousand of us (to begin with) to contribute in small ways to set up excellent children's libraries and creative learning centres in Bhubaneswar by April 1, 2007.
AKASH
The lover boy

Sponsor

Sponsor

Narayan.Mohanty
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

can someone confirm this?

Post by Narayan.Mohanty »

Can you just provide any link onthe web to confirm this? or maybe a phone number? I searched but could not get. ( no offence)

akash
Kiddie
Kiddie

HERE IS THE WEB LINK

Post by akash »

The web link is

Code: Select all

www.pledgebank.com/Bakul-Library

Mailing address

contact@bakulfoundation.org
Ph no-09845853432
AKASH
The lover boy

Deep
Seeker
Seeker

Book your seats ASAP

Post by Deep »

Their Auditorium has limited seat capacity. To confirm your participation please mail

contact@bakulfoundation.org
mentioning your name, contact number/email.

Sukanya
Website Team
Website Team

Poster sent to admin

Post by Sukanya »

I have received a poster for the same from Sanket Nayak and sent it to admin for publishing here.

Odia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks! Poster for The Travelling Oriya Film Festival

Post by Odia »

Thanks Sukanya!
Here is the original poster for the Travelling Oriya Film Festival, IIM Bangalore.

Deep
Seeker
Seeker

Dont worry for seats!

Post by Deep »

Just called them up and got confirmed about the program. Dont worry about the shortage of seats. They need our participation in large numbers and believe that no such problems will arise. You are assured of a seat for the festival. Just come in large numbers.

Information obtained from Mrutyunjay, one of the organisers, over the phone number provided.

akash
Kiddie
Kiddie

Awesome

Post by akash »

It is awesome to see all people are seeing it in great passion. Thank you all . I will try to give some other events if they happen in my knowledge .
AKASH
The lover boy

ayusman
Website Team
Website Team

Post by ayusman »

Its good to see a such a good response for the oriya film festival. I am part of the organizing team and do let me know in case any other details are required.

It would be great if we can also get our non oriya friends to come and see oriya movies (it will have english subtiltes).

Sukanya
Website Team
Website Team

Subtitles!

Post by Sukanya »

@Ayusman

You could have told it earlier! All my friends in Bangalore are going to enjoy though!

ayusman
Website Team
Website Team

Post by ayusman »

@Sukanya

We will send out a separate mail may be through GlobalOriya putting this message across...Let our non oriya friends also get a taste of oriya movies

Odia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Clarification from bakul Foundation on Oriya Film Festival.

Post by Odia »

Sujit Mahapatra (Bakul Foundation) has provided the detailed information regarding the Bakul Foundation and this Oriya film festival.

The following things have been pointed out:
  • There are no tickets. The screening is free as the foundation want to promote the best of art from Orissa.
  • It is not an initiative of IIMB. It is an initiative of
    bakul (in fact members of Bakul at IIMB). These members of Bakul were
    instrumental in getting the support of IIMB to host the festival.
  • Bakul Foundation is organizing this festival for two reasons. One is that the
    promotion of the arts and culture of Orissa outside the state. Secondly and more importantly, it needs to bring into light the initiative for its library movement in Orissa and seek to mobilize support for it through this festival.
  • The official blog link follows:

www.bakulfoundation.blogspot.com
Request to all Oriyas in Bangalore to come with friends and family to witness this grand event.

-----
The name of this topic has been changed accordingly.

creativesamit
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by creativesamit »

Oh I am going to miss it big time.. as I am here in Del though am quite excited to participate...in the big event..anywayz hats off to each and everyone who is making it a memorable and rocking event. It'd be great if I could see some pics or some clips online after the event. Thank you.. in adavnce.. cheers...
"Live your life in your own terms"

ayusman
Website Team
Website Team

Post by ayusman »

Dont worry...we are planning similar things in many major cities and institutions and hopefully you will get to participate in one of them. I will post the link of the photos and videos in this forum.

alokranjan
Toddler
Toddler

Re: Bakul Foundation effort to promote Oriya Cinema. [IIMB]

Post by alokranjan »

I would like to Thank all the members of bakul foundation for their sincere effort to promote our films outside the state.
Great work team!keep going..

Alok Nayak
www.ollywood.wikidot.com