Oriya restaurant and food in Bangalore.

The Oriyas worldwide. Let's share our experiences, lifestyle, problems, losses and gains and the missing factor.
Suj
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Re: Oriya restaurant and food in Banaglore.

Post by Suj »

Hi Deep/Upasana,

Im really very keen to open up an oriya restaurant in Bangalore. yes , ofcourse at the end of the day everyone wants money but parallely ,my intension is to popularise authentic oriya food.. If you have already started could you please let me know what is the process and what would be the expected start up cost ??

--Suj

Sponsor

Sponsor

stellar
Kiddie
Kiddie

Post by stellar »

Hi,

I am Stella and right now I am in Bangalore. Can someone suggest me which is the best place for lunch in Bangalore and specially Oriya food?

Stella

Ajit.hota
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by Ajit.hota »

Hi All,

There are many Oriya Hotels in Bangalore... 2-3 hotels can be found in Marathahalli (The road next to Staples).

Also I have heard a new Odia Hotel named Kalinga has opened in BTM. I am yet to get the details of it. Will deifntley post once I have it.

Ajit.

ansumandhal
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Re: Oriya restaurant and food in Bangalore.

Post by ansumandhal »

Hii,

You can find many number of Oriya Hotels in Marthalli. These all are in the Dental College Road. To name a few are: Tulasi, Vishal, Tarini etc. These are all hygenic and provide good taste to your mouth.

Thanks,
Ansuman

saumya_sahu
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by saumya_sahu »

hey all, thanks to all of you for your valuable information. BTW, i too know 2 oriya hotels close to each other near by Allianz Management studies in BTM 2nd stage. Sorry i don't remember the names :( . You will find all kind of oriya dishes with a reasonable rate. I like the food there. Please keep on posting about new restaurants/hotels/food stalls in an around bangalore.

Have a nice day.
saumya.

Deep
Seeker
Seeker

Post by Deep »

Is it on the 16th main BTM? Named "Kalinga" restaurant? There is one and my friend once took me there. The restaurant was closed. However, we could see one guy eating inside. :lol: May be he was an employee.

suvanprusty
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by suvanprusty »

Hey 1stly its feel g8 to c so many oriya ppl out in blr communicating in this forum... truly feels g8... :D

N yes also wants to thank fr the Bhauja hotel info. will definitely visit soon.nevertheless I too know som good pure oriya restaurant in blr:

1) In tavrekare main rd, near to a banyayan tree; Hotel named: Kolkotta Mess, although the name sounds bangali but food n Cook r frm orissa. True authentic taste of oriya cuisine. Trust me ppl u ll enjoy d food der. Ghara khaiba katha mane padi jiba.
2) Dalma restaurant recently opened out in Koromanagala, BDA complex main signal(Land Mark: near to enigma pub)

Hope u ppl will find the place n enjoy our hom food.
Thanks and Regards,
Suvan Kumar Prusty.

suvanprusty
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by suvanprusty »

and yes, I m too interested in opening out a restaurant in Blr (Oriya Cuisine) . Pls, pls any one who is really serious in opening one pls feel free to contact me. As i might open one in another 6 months or so. As i saw couple of our friends hav shown der interest in opening one thru dis forum.

Main intension is to join hands and open a better planned n bigger one out in blr.

Kindly contact me @ suvanprusty@yahoo.com; or else in Orkut as well.

Looking fwd fr a positive response.
Thanks and Regards,
Suvan Kumar Prusty.

Deep
Seeker
Seeker

Post by Deep »

suvanprusty wrote:In tavrekare main rd, near to a banyayan tree; Hotel named: Kolkotta Mess
The owner of that mess is too sick-mentality guy. Too cunning as well. I frequented that hotel for a year almost. Food is Odia style but quality is too bad.
Hygiene rating 1/10.

One day couple of Odia guys(customers) were scolding that hotel owner like anything.(reportedly he had scolded one of his staff for some reason .. "this is not ur problem. This problem is becoz u belong to odisha...")

Better avoid that place. IMHO

Ajit.hota
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by Ajit.hota »

Guys,
The best Odia restaurant in Bangalore right now is Dalma in Kormangla 100ft road (the same place where Symphony was there earlier); you get superb food; have been 3 toimes yet and tried over 10 dishes; all are outstanding; dalma and machha besara a must try. The second best I think is Kalinga in BTM 2nd stage 16th Main road (Road goes straight in BTM 2nd stage from Udupi garden/BTM petrol bunk circle) near to Bus stand, try dalma, mutton and chenapoda. There are other timepass hotels in Marathahalii.
Ajit.

aahwaan
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aahwaan »

I know a small hotel run by few odia boys which is just behind the SPRING BEAUTY appartments in brookfields after Marathalli.

They also have some options for home supply of food but I do not have their number now. When I was in Bangalore last August on a tour, I had dined at their hotel and believe me they give very tasty food.

They supply food to your home I think if the bill is beyond 100 rupees. Anyway you can drop by the Brookfields near COSMOS mall and walk up to the hotel, which is just adjacent to the wall of the backside of SPRING BEAUTY appartments.
Dr Jyoti Prasad Pattnaik, MBBS,DMCH, PGDHM
Founder, Editor, Web Master "Aahwaan"
http://www.odinews.in

mailkamlesh
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by mailkamlesh »

Most of us would be knowing about the restaurant DALMA in bhubaneswar. This hotel has also opened up a branch in kormangala
recently. Its near jyoti nivas college.

bitu
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by bitu »

Dear friends what ever you mentioned below is fine but I frequented to all the oriya restaurants in bangalore.First of all Kalinga in BTM no idea whether its still there or not.. food is ok but not the best. then comes Dalema in kormangala,I feel that the food charge of the restaurant is very high compare to its food.then comes the restaurants in marathalli.. First of all Vishal restaurant.. this guy was really preparing mouth watering foods previously..now all are gone charging is very high it is famous for mutton meal now they are not giving good pieces(only four small pieces including bones big bones),Old taste has gone,then comes Tulasi, in Tulasi you will get variety of veg foods within 1 to 1.30 pm,non veg foods are not so good if you are going for Tulasi go only for Pakhal its worthy The serving boys will treat you as if they are the grand children of emperor kharavela and you are one ordinary man .Then comes Tarini,quality and quantity is average only hotel serving dahivara aludum as evening snack donot ask about taste you are lucky enough that you you are getting this in Bangalore behaviour of the boys and owner is good.

So my conclusion is If you guys want really oriya taste then cook yourself in your room else
1> Go for Vishal if u r going for Non Veg
2> Go forTulasi if u r going for Veg
3> Go for Dalema if price is not a constraint
4> Go for Tarini if u r going for quantity.

If one of you guys really wants to open an oriya hotel in bangalore make sure about quality and quantity and maintaining both price is not an issue if both are at best.The above mentioned Restaurants are downgraded quality and quantity once they were really doing there best

Deep
Seeker
Seeker

Post by Deep »

bitu wrote:The serving boys will treat you as if they are the grand children of emperor kharavela and you are one ordinary man
What a comparison!! :D

chabi
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by chabi »

There is another restaurant where u get Oriya Bara , Ghuguni , Upama , Alu Chop , Dahi Bara Alud Dum, Singeda, etc in Yeshwantpur .
It also serves Oriya style food . (Treatz)
The name of the restaurant is Treatz in Yeshwantpur. It also accepts Bulk Party Orders.

U guys can try oriya special food in TreatZ.