Air Deccan flights to BBSR from Bangalore, Chennai, Hyd.

All travel experiences go here. Planning to visit anywhere in Orissa? Need roadmap, hotel, lodge information? Ask for help from our members.

Deep
Seeker
Seeker

Post by Deep »

Air Deccan finally came into the picture.

They are starting flight services to Bhubaneswar from South-Indian cities like bangalore, chennai and Hyderabad from 26th march 2007.

Bookings have started long ago and the now the prices are within 2000/- (all tax included). just take this chance. They may increase the fare after this.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Avijeet

Post by Avijeet »

I suggest no as DN flight on time performence is very bad. I am a loyal Indian Airlines customer always prefer them over Air Deccan anyday
cheeeers and a happy holi
If Electricity Comes from Electrons the Does Morality Come from Morons ???

ajaymohanty
Toddler
Toddler

Post by ajaymohanty »

A very good step by Air Deccan. But the service from New Delhi to Bhubaneswar must required.
----------Ajay Mohanty----------
____www.AjayMohanty.com____

drdebu86
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by drdebu86 »

it would b really nice if services frm bhubaneswar to mumbai gets started...it takes 40 long god damn hrs by d konark express.....n d public carrier is too costly
DEBASIS ...... believes in winnin wars and not battles

rohit
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

air deccan

Post by rohit »

There is a flight from Mumbai to Raipur - why cant it be for BBSR. Yes I also of am the opinion that Air Deccan flight from both Mumbai and Delhi is highly needed. What can be done to make this possible? Anyone has any Ideas? And No! its a false notion about the reliability of Air deccan flights. Thats was long back when they started operations. since last 18months their performance has been 95% on time which is very good.

Deep
Seeker
Seeker

Ya

Post by Deep »

Rohit is right. Air Deccan flights are not so unreliable as u might have heard from others. Afterall every flight service will delay if there is slightest problem. One winter morning, my flight(IA) and all others got delayed around 8-10 hours due to fog.

Regarding the latest flights to bbsr from bangalore and hyderabad, the passengers are verymuch satisfied. Many of my friends have travelled and said it was good. Even though they rescheduled the flight in some cases, they inform you before a day.

rohit
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by rohit »

Does anyone have any idea how can we ensure/ make it possible/ officiate / pressurise Air Deccan to start flights to BBSR from Delhi and Mumbai ??????

drdebu86
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by drdebu86 »

saw dis thread in d forum......
http://orissaforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=263
DEBASIS ...... believes in winnin wars and not battles

serge
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by serge »

Hello,
I live in france and intend to visit Orissa next january. I will use Indian Airlines for Paris-Delhi, but need an internal flight for Delhi-BBS. Air Deccan seems cheapest and has daily flights according to their website. I have three practical questions to submit :
- is it risky to take same-day flight connections in view of possible delays ?
- there is an online payment form at Deccan asking for credit card PIN code. Surely this is a mistake, since they can't check it and nobody is supposed to give its PIN over the internet ? did anybody notice this, and what will happen if i fill it with 0000 ?
- would you recommend another company for these flights instead of Air Deccan ?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Serge.

Deep
Seeker
Seeker

Not a risk

Post by Deep »

Hi,

Air Deccan to Orissa wont be a risk unless the day is quite foggy and so delays in all flights whatsoever. You can also see other options like Indian Airlines, Jet and Indigo and compare the fare.

Regarding the PIN, are you asking about the CVV number that is on the back of your card. I think almost all online transactions need that.
And recently I have seen CITI BANK introducing it's PIN system to make online transactions more secure. Is this the case? BTW entering PIN is more safe than entering CCV number. You can change the PIN as if it's your online password, but you cant do so with your card CCV number.

Hope this will help you.
Welcome to Orissa!

serge
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by serge »

Thanks for the kind answer Deep, I think I'll stick with Air Deccan.

As for the PIN issue, it is a 4-digit code distinct from the 3-digit CVV, and can be checked either against a checksum written in a magnetic stripe, or against a reference value stored inside the chip of a smart card ; in any case Deccan has no means to check it and should have no reason to ask for it, so i'll fiill in a dummy number and see what happens - sorry for being so thick, but i felt compelled to do so since i work in a smartcard company :?

Now for a totally different question : is there a chess club or academy in Bhubaneswar ? perhaps it's better posted elsewhere, though...

All the best,
Serge.

Deep
Seeker
Seeker

Post by Deep »

oops no idea on the PIN stuff then...

And I think there is chess associations in BBSR. Can ask Bibek a friend of mine who is a national level chess player. Just send a PM to him.