OTV Taste of Odisha Pathetic ideas

Submit recipe ideas. Traditional Odia food and drinks as well as others.

No.1
Seeker
Seeker

Post by No.1 »

Accidentally watched online one episode of the Cooking program Taste OF Odisha, from Odisha Television.
It was Episode 12, 23 July 2016.
The recipes shown were pathetic and looked like they had no idea of any Odia recipes. For example, "Maacha Besara" did not require mustard of mustard paste. Instead, they added some Jira powder.
Don't try these items at home. Else, you will be responsible for the consequences. :lol:
Mera No.1

Sponsor

Sponsor

pinu
Disciple
Disciple

Re: OTV Taste of Odisha Pathetic ideas

Post by pinu »

Hi, I have never watched the cooking program of OTV. I always watch the cooking program "Ama Rosei" on DD-6 Odia. The recipies, ingredients and cooking method in this program are very simple.

nandababu
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by nandababu »

Recipe you see on tv are only for watching. It will be a disaster if you try to do it at home :lol: . There are some good websites with Odia recipes.

odishasareestore
Seeker
Seeker

Post by odishasareestore »

I think this recipe for just viewing purpose. Don't try to make it in your home. Please visit some Odiya recipe blogs for good recipes.

Sabyasachiii
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by Sabyasachiii »

Hello everyone.
I think Taste of Odisha is a good show. We generally have a habit of putting someone down n judge them. Even u was having the impression that the recipe of Besara cooked at Raghurajpur was wrong without using mustard paste in the dish.
But when I went to raghurajpur for some work I asked the women there about besara being cooked without mustard there. They agreed and said Besara is cooked in raghurajpur without mustard paste in it. Which is like a ghanta.
I was surprised but again in our state many similar dishes have different names and similar names have different procedure and ingredients.

Lastly every dish shown in the show is done with proper R&D and many dishes are derived from ayurveda and local people of different part of Odisha.all can be cooked and all are edible.

Lets encourage good things and not discourage without knowing properly about it.

Thanks.

odishasareestore
Seeker
Seeker

Post by odishasareestore »

Ohh.. really it was nice episode. I also watched that episode.