Harashment of House Owners in Bangalore

The Oriyas worldwide. Let's share our experiences, lifestyle, problems, losses and gains and the missing factor.
Rojalin
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by Rojalin »

Namaskar,
I am Rojalin, a software engineer, staying with my husband from 3 years in Bangalore. When I came first to Bangalore, I was astonished to see the behaviors of house owners towards tenants, taking heavy security deposits, doing lot of water trouble and other maintenance and outsider feeling issues. And finally when we leave the house from 50,000 security deposits, if you are so lucky, hardly you will get Rs. 5000. Then I feel all these tenants are working in good organization, but how come they are not opening any mouth against these issues. But finally got to understand from the neighbors that as we are staying outside, no local hold, our parents and relatives are so far, so what we can do, we should better adjust. But recently some of the issues with our recent house owner, has made us to raise our voice against this kind of ill treatment to outsiders, especially to odia people as our association is not so strong enough as like Malayalam association, Bengal association, North Association. Let me narrate you the incident. Recently after shifting to the new house with rent of 13,000.My husband’s younger brother came for some interviews. After 5days of his staying, owner told that for guest if anyone stays more than 7 days then extra payment will be there, the payment is Rs.4000 per month. My husband told, but you have not told anything before you given rent and nothing like this is mention in rental agreement. And our father and mother if they will come, then the owner told same thing .He told if you want to stay ,stay otherwise you can go. Then my husband replied you give my security deposit of 50,000 I will go .He said no, as per the rental agreement you need to stay for 11 months, I can’t give you return. As it will take some time to again get a suitable house, we adjusted. And we asked to some of our neighbors they told the same thing the owner having problem in guest, otherwise no problem, we are adjusted to that. Recently last Monday I was on leave, I was ill. Suddenly at 6 P.M. in evening one lady (my maid) knocked at the door, I opened the door; I saw owner was standing in front. He asked me what is in the box(one box I kept outside my house the box was filled with old rain-court and some shoes to give to needy people in this two days in near slum area),I informed the same to owner in a very Polite manner. But he told me in a commanding and threatening voice you go and throw it. I told that when my husband will come I will definitely take it outside. But again he told me right now you go and throw it. Then I again politely told where I will go in this evening, let my husband come I will throw it. But he was not in right intention ,so I told that lady(my maid – only working on sat and Sunday rest of the day she does maintenance for owner),Akaka please kindly throw it as now where I will go, then Owner told why she will go, you only have to throw it. So from here you can mark the intention of the owner, when one lady’s husband is not there in house, at that time which gentle person will behave like this with a married lady. Then When I didn’t come out of my house, then the owner through that box to my house by pushing the door. Then I suddenly closed the door in fear and informed the same to husband over phone. When my husband reached home we first went to the supervisor who is staying just beside to our home- when my husband asked – in my absence how come owner behaved like this? Then she replied he is the owner, he is very rich and influential person, we are all adjustable to his behavior, if you want to stay, and you have to adjust. And moreover you all are coming here for bread and butter in their land, so you need to adjust and otherwise leave the house. So here you can put a mark to the ladies word as here we are coming to outside for bread and butter, so we need to adjust for any ill manners. My husband asked so many local people that what to do in this case, shall we go to police station, then many people suggested us rather you search a house in time and go but don’t go to police station ,as finally, they will finally support their people and they will harass you as you are outsiders. So you can feel very well as on outsider what much harassment we need to bear in this place, where all the laws are one side but outside feeling is one side.

Sponsor

Sponsor

No.1
Seeker
Seeker

Re: Harashment of House Owners in Bangalore

Post by No.1 »

There are some Odia personalities in high positions in Bangalore. Try reaching out to them. The Odia groups in Bangalore can direct you to the right person to seek help from.

Meanwhile, the least you can do is find the house in google maps and click and write a review so everyone in future will stay away from this house and the owner will get a lesson.
Mera No.1

Rojalin
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Re: Harashment of House Owners in Bangalore

Post by Rojalin »

Thank u so much for kind reply .Soon when I will leave this house and I will post the google map of the house with house owner name so that no other person will be affect.But We need an strong odia association like Malayalam association,North Indian Association.Because it's not only me but so many odia people are affected on daily basis for this kind of regional issues and outsider feeling issues.Reaching to some dignified person will surely help us but not the permanent solution.So we should atleast try to make an odia association in Bangalore where all the odia persons contact list should be there and some committee members to address those issues,first we should try for an virtual association,because in Bangalore no one is having time to do such kind of things .But with one virtual network we can start our association for taking the problems and we will give suggestion what should be done in this regards. Once again thank you very much for kind reply.

Regards,
Rojalin

odishasareestore
Seeker
Seeker

Re: Harashment of House Owners in Odisha

Post by odishasareestore »

Same situation here in Odisha also.